tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [libpcap][patch] appending to a capture

From: rixed () happyleptic org
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 10:15:55 +0200

In defense of the OP, I must say I like the idea of a
pcap_dump_append().

Your arguments against it are a lot more valid with regard to the
tcpdump tool, for which an "--append" parameter seams dubious, than for
the libpcap itself which can be used by many different programs for many
different purposes, and editcap may not be an option here.

That said, I can also imagine people using this function
and running into huge performance problems.

I fail to imagine any performance problems. Any examples please?

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.