tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: build a raw packet

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:41:06 -0800

On Dec 15, 2010, at 3:01 PM, Gabe Black wrote:

I had looked at libnet prior to posting, however the first hit on google that led to its documentation
http://libnet.sourceforge.net/libnet.html#Alphabetic%20List%20of%20Functions did not seem like it would be helpful;
nothing on packet construction.  libnet.sourceforge sounded like a legit url for libnet.  Thank you for the clue as
to there being two versions, as I then probed in to more libnet links and I found documentation for a seemingly
different version here: http://linux.die.net/man/3/libnet which seems to have functions to do the kind of things I am
looking for!

I'll look for where I can get the version of libnet that that man page is referring to.

It's referring to Mike Schiffman's libnet.  The page it links to is on a site that's no longer being maintained.

Mike is now at Cisco:

        http://blogs.cisco.com/author/MikeSchiffman/

I've no idea whether he's still maintaining any of the PacketFactory stuff such as libnet.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.