tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump: patches required for OpenSolaris/SXCE

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 14:50:55 -0800

On Nov 26, 2009, at 12:26 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:

"Darren" == Darren Reed <Darren.Reed () Sun COM> writes:

   Darren> I've attached two files: e1000g0 is an IPNET capture file
Darren> from e1000g0 of some ICMP traffic (i.e. ping) tcpdmp.patches
   Darren> are the changes I needed to make to stop tcpdump core
   Darren> dumping when reading that file.

 Uhm, you just undid the netdissect work that I did.
That's why I asked for a test case for IPNET, so that I could validate
that the code still worked.

I think the problem is that ipnet_if_print takes a netdissect_options * as its first argument, but that's not what XXX_if_print routines get passed by tcpdump.

GCC warns of this:

        ./tcpdump.c:286: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

The short-term fix is to make ipnet_if_print() not take a netdissect_options * as its first argument, and have it pass gndo as the netdissect_options * to other routines.

The long-term fix is to change all the XXX_if_print routines to take a netdissect_options * as the first argument, and change tcpdump to pass gndo to the print routine.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.