tcpdump mailing list archives

Injecting pcap files

From: Vipin M <vipintm () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:12:20 +0530

Hi all,

I need some guidance in some coding.

My object is sniff and store a pcap file in wireless. Then play back that to
air as i required.

I know how to sniff and store to a pcap file.

I had look in to* *pcap_open_offline() function for opening a file,
pcap_open_live() for opening a interface and pcap_inject() to inject.

I couldn't find how to transfer the open file to inject function. And also
how i can used the new radiotape for wireless with this.

I had a look at
http://penumbra.warmcat.com/_twk/tiki-index.php?page=packetspammer this code
but in this the whole packet is generated in code.

if there is any tool already do this job please give me the link.

Thank you,

vipin

---
Vipin M
MS By Research Student,
Wireless Communication Research Group,
AU - KBC Research Centre,
MIT Campus of Anna University,
Chennai - 600 044.

Phone : (+91) 044 2223 1034 / 4885 / 6858    Ext : 29
Mobile : (+91) 098407 88435
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.