tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Hardware timestamp ?

From: Pierre KARAMPOURNIS <pkarampournis () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:40:38 -0500

2009/2/27 David Young <dyoung () pobox com>

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 06:49:45PM -0600, Pierre Karampournis wrote:
Hi,

I am currently working in a university lab and I need to capture packets
with a nanosecond precision timestamp using the Pcap format.

Pierre,

If you tell us what you are trying to accomplish with nanosecond
timestamps, we might be able to help you better. :-)

Dave

I am currently working on systems like IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems).
The first thing we want to do is to create an architecture capable of
capturing data packets accurately on big networks (at least 1Gbps) to :
test IDS with real trafic

Pierre
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.