tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Request for DECT LINKTYPE

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:22:27 +1100

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Matthias Wenzel <tcpdump () mazzoo de> wrote:
Guy Harris wrote:

On Dec 22, 2008, at 1:51 AM, Matthias Wenzel wrote:

we have a set of opensource tools that read and write pcap files from/to
DECT devices. The SW will go public still this year. We're working with
both gnuradio USRP and a dedicated HW.

Could the code to capture DECT traffic go into libpcap?

Not as of now. We're not capturing from neiter a tun/tap device, nor a
network interface. For now we have a driver with a char device, some
ioctls and firmware.
In future we may implement a virtual network device within linux.

libpcap supports capturing from several types of devices that are not
a network device.
For example USB.

Please have a look at how the USB capturing works on linux.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.