tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: SCO libpcap

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:05:25 -0700

sufei7099 wrote:
I think I have install the libpcap on SCO successfully.

Did you do so by changing the Makefile not to try to build fad-gifc.c?

If so, then:

undefined                       first referenced
pcap_findalldevs                    mypcap.o
i386ld fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mypcap

I really don't know why the libpcap.a can not be used successfully?

it can't be used successfully with any program that uses pcap_findalldevs() because fad-gifc.c is the file that would define pcap_findalldevs() on, among other OSes, SCO OpenServer 5.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.