tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Changes to the web-page

From: Luis Martin <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 08:15:12 +0100

Gianluca Varenni wrote:

I would probably get rid of the old releases, putting them in an
archive folder (like I do for WinPcap). Also, I would rename the
"TCPDUMP 3.9 / LIBPCAP 0.9" section specifying the specific version
3.9.8/0.9.8. (The current title is kinda confusing for me).

I agree. I didn't get rid of those old releases because I thought people
would want them to stay (as the previous version had so many old
releases listed). I guess there no point on listing releases from year
2004, 2003...

Would it be possible to fix such archives?

It would be great to have the archives back online but I have no idea if
that's possible. Anyone?

-> Added section "Patches, Bug Reports and Feature Requests", where the
visitor is pointed to the resources at Sourceforge.

Who gets notified about bug reports on sourceforge? the notifications
don't seem to reach the mailing list, so it looks like the bugs report
on sourceforge is a sort of black hole...

The people that is listed as project admins are: Michael Richardson, Guy
Harris and Bill Fenner*. *I guess all of them get a copy of the bug
submission report. However, I agree with you, it would be nice if those
reports were also sent to the list. Is this possible?

I've updated the page again. Check it out at
http://www.tcpdump.org/index2.html an let me know what you think.

Regards,

Luis.

-