tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Announce: tcpdump 3.9.8 and libpcap 0.9.8 released

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni () cacetech com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:24:22 -0700

Ken,

is there a date for the release of tcpdump 4.0 and libpcap 1.0? I've committed some mods to make libpcap 1.0 compile within WinPcap, I still need a couple tweaks in tcpdump (some code related to signals was added in tcpdump, and obviously that doesn't compile under windows).

Have a nice day
GV

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Bantoft" <ken () xelerance com> To: <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>; <tcpdump-announce () lists tcpdump org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 7:32 PM
Subject: [tcpdump-workers] Announce: tcpdump 3.9.8 and libpcap 0.9.8 released

I'm pleased to announce the release of tcpdump 3.9.8 and libpcap 0.9.8, which are now available at http://www.tcpdump.org . Please verify with PGP/GPG the signatures to ensure you have downloaded legitimate packages, and that no corruption has taken place. The PGP/ GPG public key is available on the keyservers, and at http:// www.tcpdump.org/tcpdump-workers.asc

We'll be branching off for tcpdump 4.0.x and libpcap 1.0.x in the next few days - these will be based on HEAD as of whatever date we cut the branches. We hope to issue a 4.0.0 and 1.0.0 in the next few weeks.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.