tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap and ettercap on Solaris 9

From: capper () psicorps org
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 01:04:16 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007, Guy Harris wrote:

Try upgrading to Flex 2.5.33 from Flex 2.5.34.
(Yes, I'm serious when I say "upgrading". Flex 2.5.34 appears to have broken all Lex/Flex files that use %a, etc. so that they can be built on versions of Lex that, by default, don't have tables big enough to handle them.

Done. Silly me for downloading, building and installing the latest flex code. :-)

   I rebuilt libpcap and I think I'm past this issue.

I will see what can be done, if anything, to work around that Flex bug. I don't know how long that will take.

I wish you success. It seems that using flex v2.5.33 is an effective workaround. I've successfully run configure and I'm building ettercap right now.

Thank you very much for helping me out on this. I appreciate your time and effort.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.