tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap and ettercap on Solaris 9

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:01:11 -0800

capper () psicorps org wrote:
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007, Guy Harris wrote:

What does the command "flex --version" print?

flex 2.5.34

And what does the command

    sed -n 84l scanner.l

print, when run in the libpcap source directory?

%a 18400

Try upgrading to Flex 2.5.33 from Flex 2.5.34.

(Yes, I'm serious when I say "upgrading". Flex 2.5.34 appears to have broken all Lex/Flex files that use %a, etc. so that they can be built on versions of Lex that, by default, don't have tables big enough to handle them.

I've submitted a bug against Flex 2.5.34 on this:

        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1860773&group_id=97492&atid=618177

.)

I will see what can be done, if anything, to work around that Flex bug. I don't know how long that will take.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.