tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Request for a DLT code for IPMB packet

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:43:58 -0700

Toeung, Chanthy wrote:
Does the USB captured mode work in Wireshark?

Yes, if your machine is running Linux with a sufficiently-recent kernel, and Wireshark is using a top-of-tree version of libpcap. (I'm not sure which version of the kernel is required.)

I doubt any distributions use the top-of-tree version of libpcap, because it's not a stable release, it's just what's currently at the top of the tree. You'd have to compile and install it yourself, and specially build Wireshark to be linked with it.

Oh i used to try to create a pcap format too, but it doesnt work,

"Doesn't work" in what sense?

and  i met too many bugs,

What sort of bugs?
-