tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Packet capture performance comparison of

From: Stephen Donnelly <stephen () endace com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:41:31 +1200

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 03:09 +0000, Jefferson Ogata wrote:
Stephen Donnelly wrote:
On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 22:00 +0000, Jefferson Ogata wrote:
some packets to disk. Has anyone out there put together such a box and
come up with some performance statistics?
[snip]
Endace also offers disk capture appliances which provide this level of
performance.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any recent independent test publications.

Hmm. I wonder if that's because your company requires signing an NDA for
getting eval gear. :^/

I can't comment on that, although I think it is fairly common practice.

There have been a few university papers published, as you noted. Here is
another thesis "On the Quality of Computer Network Measurements":

http://www.bth.se/fou/forskinfo.nsf/6753b78eb2944e0ac1256608004f0535/6f935ee3049f95d7c125709800464cac?OpenDocument

Regards,
Stephen.