tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Packet capture performance comparison of

From: Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 03:09:32 +0000

Stephen Donnelly wrote:
On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 22:00 +0000, Jefferson Ogata wrote:
some packets to disk. Has anyone out there put together such a box and
come up with some performance statistics?
[snip]
Endace also offers disk capture appliances which provide this level of
performance.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any recent independent test publications.

Hmm. I wonder if that's because your company requires signing an NDA for
getting eval gear. :^/

--
Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov>
NOAA Computer Incident Response Team (N-CIRT) <ncirt () noaa gov>