tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Failing to capture packets....

From: Stephen Donnelly <stephen () endace com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:17:49 +1300

Most commercial NICs only deliver well formed Ethernet packets (valid
size, correct FCS) to the operating system, and also generally strip out
Ethernet control frames such as 'pause' indications.

Because of this Libpcap would not have any data to deliver to the
capturing application.

You may have to get hold of low level Ethernet test equipment in order
to determine exactly what is there.

Stephen.