tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Failing to capture packets....

From: Paul Armor <parmor () gravity phys uwm edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:11:48 -0600 (CST)

Hi,
after Guy's last email where he states:
"Tcpdump supports capturing *all* network traffic;"

I feel compelled to again ask if anyone can offer any suggestions on how I can achieve my goal of capturing the data I'm seeing on my ethernet segment... To what I wrote earlier I'd also add that the Force10 switch that's upstream of these systems records a lot of "throttle" packets on that interface.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Paul