tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: New DLT needed for PPP active/passiv filtering

From: Karsten Keil <kkeil () suse de>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:22:18 +0200

Hi Hannes,

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 06:36:22PM +0200, Karsten Keil wrote:
Hi Hannes,

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 05:27:41PM +0200, Hannes Gredler wrote:
karsten,

i have checked in support for DLT_PPP_WITH_DIRECTION in
tcpdump and the PPP printer - the PPP printer shows now
the direction (hidden under the -e flag)

/hannes

Thank you very much for this work, it will save me a lot
of time to implement it myself, since I don't known the libpcap
good enough.
I will test it next days and report results here.

Thank you for the tar (cvs is still not working for me, but daily
snapshoots seems to be created again).

Now I did the test with this new DLT and it fullfill my needs, all
rules do exactly was they should do and outbound/inbound is
corectly identified.
Just for your info, the most common rule to filter pakets for
resetting the timeout is:
active-filter 'outbound and not icmp[0] == 3 and not tcp[13] & 4 != 0'

Thanks for implementing that.

Now I only wait for a official libpcap update :-)

--
Karsten Keil
SuSE Labs