tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: reg: download

From: Craig Davison <craig () darkcalgary com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:17:57 -0700 (MST)

I think that an advisories page at tcpdump.org would be great. Current
and future security problems could have a list of vulnerable versions,
such as:

ISAKMP decoder buffer overflow: 3.7 branch < 3.7.2, 3.8 branch < 3.8.2,
branches earlier than 3.7

This kind of information is necessary to supplement the changelogs, which
for 3.8.1 are currently a list of changes before 3.8. I wasn't sure which
versions were vulnerable until I read the email I'm replying to.

Listing older (but recent) problems such as the BGP decoder bug from late
2002 would be useful too.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe