tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: MAC address and pcap_findalldevs()

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 00:06:40 -0800

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:36:07AM +0000, Mustafa Abu Sedera wrote:
1. I need to know if there is any function in libpcap which retrieves all
available devices on the system like pcap_findalldevs() in wpcap.

Yes, there is.

It's called...

..."pcap_findalldevs()".

2. Is there any way to get the MAC address of the adapter using libpcap?

Unfortunately, no.

PS: this probably doesn't belong here but does anyone know a good libnet
tutorial?

I've never read it, so I can't say how good it is, but "Building Open
Source Network Security Tools: Components and Techniques":

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471205443/qid=1038419702/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/102-1320424-7554565?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

"contains a full writeup on libnet 1.1.0", according to the libnet page:

        http://www.packetfactory.net/projects/libnet/

Its author is also the author of libnet.

There's a paper on libnet 1.0[.x] at

        http://www.securityfocus.com/data/library/libnet_wp.pdf

I haven't read it.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe