tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: SIOCGIFCONF under Linux on Itanium in 32 bit compatibility mode

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:49:36 -0800

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 10:38:05AM +1100, Shaun wrote:
This bites libpcap because when it attempts to read off the end of the
real end of the interfaces it finds an interface with an empty name and
fails to retrieve the flags for the interface, terminating the interface
finding procedure. The fix I commited to our internal licpcap is to
'break' out of the loop if we find an interface with a null name, does
anyone object to this approach for the mainline?

"Null" presumably meaning either an empty name?

That's unlikely to appear in a valid list, so that's probably OK.  There
should probably be a big "XXX - Linux's support for IA-32 binaries is
broken in the following fashion..." comment for it.

(Presumably this bug has been reported to the appropriate kernel folks,
right?)
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe