tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: packet modification

From: John Fastabend <jfastabe () up edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:39:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi Kifah,

I tried doing something similiar a little while ago and couldn't find any
good ways to stop the packets from getting to the network stack.  I found
two possible ways, one was to catch them at the kernel level using a
LKM(loadable kernel module), and the other was to use  iptables to drop
them and since libpcap captures them before iptables drops them you can
retransmit the packets.  I cant remember the name of the library to
interact with iptables but if you need it email me offline and i'll look
it up, i'm in class right now.  And if you find a better way let me know.

john fastabend