tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: pcap_compile() errors in libpcap beta and CVS

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:42:28 -0800

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 12:38:10AM -0500, George Bakos wrote:
I'll keep working on the optimizer, but suggest using the patch I supplied
for the time being, to get rid of most of the problem if this is to be
released.

I'd be inclined to back out Takashi's changes in the 0.8 branch, as,
although they fix some problems, they also cause the existing optimizer
bug to cause bad code to be generated, but leave it in the main CVS
branch and work on trying to fix the optimizer bug.

Is there a standard set of filters, as well as a data file & result set
for compile & optimize regression testing?

I don't know of one.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe