tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [design] test failures in HEAD

From: Bill Fenner <fenner () research att com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:46:02 -0700

I'd like to get the pflog stuff updated before a new release.  (See
sf.net bug ID 814793).  Unfortunately, OpenBSD seems to have changed
the pflog header without changing the DLT

I take it back.  OpenBSD changed the pflog header and switched
from DLT 17 to DLT 117.  Unfortunately, 117 is our version of
DLT_PFLOG, and we'll have to allocate DLT_PFLOG2, which is 117
on OpenBSD and 143-or-whatever on other systems.  Talk about a
confusing change.

(Alternately, we could just switch wholesale to DLT 117 being
new pflog and abandon support for old pflog-format capture files.
That might be simpler but might also cause support problems...)

  Bill
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe