tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: disabling checksums flag

From: alex medvedev <alexm () pycckue org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:29:25 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Hannes,

i like checksumming and i think this functionality is great and
informative.
the reason i tried to disable the checksumming was unpleasant messages
[bad tcp cksum!] and [bad cksum!] while running over loopback in AIX :)
because AIX does not do checksumming over loopback.

i think you are right that we can simply suppress the warning messages and
still calculate the checksums.

-alexm
--
...É ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ éÉÓÕÓ ËÏÎ×ÅÒÔÅÒ water2wine, É ÓÔÁÌ ÒÁÚÄÁ×ÁÔØ ÅÇÏ freeware...