tcpdump mailing list archives

disabling checksums flag

From: alex medvedev <alexm () pycckue org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:55:50 -0500 (CDT)

hallo,

i would like to add a disable checksum flag to tcpdump.

i assume this will affect ip, tcp, udp, icmp, icmp6, isoclns, igmp, vrrp,
mobile printers, and tcpdump.c file (is it all?)

proposed change:
add a global int cksumflag=1 in tcpdump.c :)
add a command line flag: k (?),
which when specified disables the checksum calculation (cksumflag=0);
check cksumflag before calculating checksums in printers.

i attached the patch against today's cvs, which worked on my setup,
but i have no idea what some printers do, so, please, let me know
if there is more changes needed or things should be done differently.

 ???

thanks,

-alexm
--
001, 010, 011, 100, 101 - ×ÙÛÅÌ ÚÁÊÞÉË ÐÏÇÕÌÑÔØ