tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Merging tcpdump files

From: Marco van den Bovenkamp <marco () linuxgoeroe dhs org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:43:48 +0200

George Xilouris wrote:

Hello all, I have to tcpdump files one for each of the two interfaces I have. The first dump file is the downlink and the second is the uplink ... I want to compine them in order to analyse them with tcptrace. I've tried tcpslice " tcpslice -w output file1 file2 " but the output consists only of the first file plus packets from the second file that have timestamps out of the limits of the first file. Do you know any way to
do this ... ?

Take a look at the 'mergecap' utility that comes with Ethereal (http://www.ethereal.com). That will merge two or more dumps in chronological order.

--

                Regards,

                        Marco.

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe