tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Remote capture capabilities

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:21:42 -0400

It doesn't matter that remote capture is turned off by default.
Lots of things are off by default, but get turned on by various
distros, etc.

I'm sorry that I missed the thread before - I read a lot of lists.

The problem is that once the code is accessible in a new remote way, the code
will get invoked in new and interesting ways. This puts pressure on all
of us to write better code - but it has to be something that we know
we are doing.

I haven't looked at your code - how do you transmit the filter specification?
Now that it is crossing the wire, it can't mutate as easily.

Is there any version control?

As for divergence - it might be best if you guys went and experimented for
awhile and reported back to us.

] mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe