tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Libpcap :: 802.3 and Ethernet headers

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:42:18 -0700

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 02:07:36PM -0400, Allison, Jason (JALLISON) wrote:
This is exactly the information I wanted to know.  In addition, can anyone
point me to the documentation where these boundaries are specified?

        http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.3-2002.pdf

See section 3.2.6 "Length/Type field", which refers to section 4.2.7.1
"Common constants, types, and variables", which, in turn, refers to
section 4.4 "Specific implementations" - see the various "Parameterized
values" sections for the value of "maxUntaggedFrameSize", although note
that it's the same 1518 octets for all speeds.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe