tcpdump mailing list archives

tests for tcpdump

From: shakan <shakan () softhome net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:25:10 +0530

Hello all,

How to test tcpdump with the following expressions. Sorry for simple question.

Plz help me with smaple examples.

# tcpdump <expression>

expressions are
1 ether dst ehost -> True if the ethernet destination address is  ehost.
2 ether src ehost -> True if the ethernet source address is  ehost.
3 ether host ehost ->True if either the ethernet source or destination address is
ehost.
4 gateway host ->    True if the packet used host as a gateway.
5 dst net net ->     True if the IP destination address of the packet has a network
number of net.
6 src net net  -> True if the IP source address of the packet has a network number of
net.
7  net net  -> True if either the IP source or destination address of the packet has a
network number of net.
8  net net mask mask   ->True if the IP address matches net with the  specific netmask.
May be qualified with src or dst.
9  net net/len -> True if the IP address matches net a netmask len bits wide. May be
qualified with src or dst.

I want to test these in hp-ux.

I'm not able to understand "ehost" in 1,2 and 3 options.

Could anybody plz help me to execute these options with sample examples.
Advance thanks,

-shakan

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe