tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: License question re. libpcap

From: seberino () spawar navy mil
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 12:56:32 -0700

Niklas

I was wondering the same thing and have the same problem.

Chris

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 02:19:49PM +0200, Niklas Morberg wrote:
I'm wondering about the license for libpcap. According to
the LICENSE file, it is released under the new BSD license
without the advertising clause, but if I look at the
individual files (e.g. version 1.55 of inet.c) the clause is
still there.

I'm looking at releasing a locally developed tool under GPL.
This tool uses libpcap and if the advertising clause is
still there this would mean (?) that I won't be able to
release our tool under GPL.

Niklas

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe

--

Dr. Christian Seberino
SPAWAR Systems Center San Diego
Code 2872