tcpdump mailing list archives

FW: Data Analysis tools

From: "Joe Elliott" <joe () inetd com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:48:14 -0800

Hello Michael,
    Our commercial product XQoS will analyze tcpdump data from live feeds
(taps/SPANs) or from files and produce detailed reports about:

1) bandwidth usage recorded at 10 sec intervals
2) top talkers (searchable to find endpoints and protocols)
3) top connections with protocol.
4) all protocols used and by which IP's and time.

XQoS will create detailed searchable tables and graphs in a SSL-WEB report
and make a permanent record of every transaction for around 1 year on a busy
corporate T3. You can view traffic in real-time with our JAVA tool and
easily understand all traffic flows on your network to assist in capacity
planning and network security.

Our ContExt extention will reconstruct the actual documents contained in the
tcpdump packet data (if the snaplen is set to max MTU for recordings). This
will display images (GIF/JPG/PNG), MP3, MS Office docs (WORD,EXCEL,PPT etc),
ZIP|tar.gz, PS. DVI etc etc and show them in a graphical report. You can
easily see where/when they were transmitted and view the actual document
thro a secure web report. In addition you can automatical search documents
for specific content and raise alerts via email etc to track movement of IP
in an organization. ContExt is a highly effective internal security tool
used by government agencies and fortune 100 companies.

There is more detailed info at http://www.inetd.com

It a commercial device including hardware and not open source, so I dont
know if that is what your looking for.

Joe.