tcpdump mailing list archives

Data Analysis tools

From: "Keplinger, Michael A" <michael.keplinger () nmci-isf com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:13:48 -0800

Does anyone have any or know of any tools (possible perl scripts, etc.) for anaylzing and trending tcpdump output?  I
have been developing something myself, but I wanted to see if anyone had something that they were currently using.

We get an enormous amount of traffic throughout our enterprise and we are using Shadow for more of a reactive role
rather than a proactive role.  I would like to either develop or find some scripts or otherwise to organize and trend
this data, as well as compare it against the output of other IDS tools that we use so we can be a little more proactive
about the tool.

Any ideas?

Michael Keplinger
Information Assurance