tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump 3.7.2 and libpcap 0.7.2 released

From: Bill Fenner <fenner () research att com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:30:47 -0800

Do these security problems also affect tcpdump 3.6.2?

Very likely, yes.

If yes, do you have plans on a new release for 3.6.x?

Not at this time.  We should be focusing on the 3.8 release.
I think a 3.6.x release now would be misleading, since we don't
have time to comb through all the security fixes that were in
3.7, so I think it'd be better to declare the 3.6 branch dead.
(After all, 3.7.1 is over a year old at this point.)

  Bill
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe