tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: About tcpdump src files...

From: Guy Harris <guy () netapp com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:13:24 -0800

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 08:00:34PM -0500, Denis Morejon Lopez wrote:
In fact when i read the README file it says "ttt uses linux-include in
the tcpdump source".  But no linux-include file exists neither into a
tcpdump folder nor any other.

We got rid of the linux-include junk a while ago (we stopped using the
native OS's header files to define packet layouts, as

        1) not all OSes had the latest and greatest versions of those
           headers, so some things didn't compile on some OSes;

        2) some other header differences required annoying workarounds;

        3) we had to pull in a pile of our own headers for Linux;

and, instead, we have our own headers for those, taken from various
BSDs).

If that's Kenjiro Cho's Tele Traffic Tapper:

        http://www.csl.sony.co.jp/person/kjc/kjc/software.html#ttt

then the 1.7 version appears not to require tcpdump's headers.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe