tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpslice -r -d Always Returns Start + 10years

From: "Steve Bonds" <pow7yec02 () sneakemail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:59:39 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Bill Fenner fenner-at-research.att.com Wrote:

Anyway, can you try the attached patch?  I'm particularly interested
in whether or not there's a fencepost error (e.g. last packet doesn't
get copied because it is at the stop_time).

Once the patch was patched it seems to work great!  Thanks for the quick
reply.

I did not see a fencepost error.  The last packet in my sample trace has
the timestamp reported by tclslice.  The second-to-last packet has a
different timestamp that was not reported.

I'm currently working on another tcpslice problem that is more insidious--
I only get either 24 or 95 bytes of output, no matter what I choose for
the sliced timeframe.  Expect a followup message to the list with more
details soon.

  -- Steve Bonds

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe