tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Warning: arptype 802 not supported

From: Guy Harris <guy () netapp com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:05:44 -0800

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 10:15:22PM +0100, Werner Schalk wrote:
I have downloaded the latest version of libpcap and
installed it.

"Latest version" as in libpcap 0.7.1, or "latest version" as in "current
CVS version", i.e. the stuff you can get from "Current Tar files" on the
tcpdump.org home page?

Now when I try to scan my local wlan
using nmap I get the following error message
of libpcap:

Warning: arptype 802 not supported by libpcap - falling back to cooked socket

How can I solve this

ARP type 802 is ARPHRD_IEEE80211_PRISM, which is only supported by the
current CVS version, not by 0.7.1.

Thus, to solve it, you have to use the current CVS version.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe