tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Multiline output

From: Hannes Gredler <hannes () juniper net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:07:11 +0100

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 11:29:47AM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:
| On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 11:29:11AM -0500, George Bakos wrote:
| > 1. Would there be interest in a commandline option "-y" fo syslog-style
| > single-line output? Most of the newline characters could be replaced,
| > conditionally, with commas, leaving a much cleaner output stream for
| > machine parsing.
|
| That might be useful.
|
| However, we might also want a policy of "tcpdump, without any -v flags,
| outputs only one line per packet, period", and require "-v" or "-vv" to
| get multi-line output.

george,

i had a while back multiline output exposed in non-verbose mode,
but i reverted it back and hided everything behind -v now;

what are the places where we still do have non -v multiline output ?

/hannes

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe