tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap filter

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 01:01:44 -0700

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 11:05:50PM +0200, avi ze wrote:
I am tring to do the folowing with libpcap:
I want to set the following filter "net 10",
When calling to pcap_compile() with this string "net 10",
I get the following error - "unknown netork" (in the buffer error).
This did not happened in previously versions (all on linux machine).

"previous{ly} versions" of what?  Libpcap?  If so, what versions were
those, and what version has the problem?

I've tried it with the tcpdump/libpcap on FreeBSD 3.4, the 0.7.1/3.7.1
releases of libpcap and tcpdump, and the current CVS versions of libpcap
and tcpdump, and none of them rejected the filter expression "net 10".
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe