Snort mailing list archives

NEED HELP FOR WORK

From: Ghislain Hounmenou via Snort-devel <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 18:11:49 +0100

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Currently, I'm working on
developing a machine learning plugin for Snort. My idea is to enhance
Snort's capabilities by adding behavior-based (anomaly) detection in
addition to signature-based detection. For this purpose, I trained a
machine learning model using PCA for dimensionality reduction and SVM as
the classifier, using the CICIDS2017 dataset. Now, I would like to know how
I can integrate the trained model into Snort. Are there any existing works
in this direction that can guide me or provide some ideas? I need to
present the solution in two weeks.

Thank you. Regards
--
*Ghislain HOUNMENOU*b