Snort mailing list archives

why does "config disable_decode_alerts" give me "Missing argument to RULE_PATH"?

From: Dorian ROSSE via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 07:09:29 +0000

Hello,

You have a lot of path for your rules path this is the error you are happen you need finally to keep only one path for
your folder rules I have copy paste the area where you should edit the code (this is near the begun of your snort.conf)
:

"""
# Path to your rules files (this can be a relative path)
# Note for Windows users:  You are advised to make this an absolute path,
# such as:  c:\snort\rules
# 20220514 - iqworks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SMKYgXFxuc
#var RULE_PATH ../rules
#var SO_RULE_PATH ../so_rules this is for linux https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SMKYgXFxuc
#var PREPROC_RULE_PATH ../preproc_rules
var RULE_PATH  D:\Network Monitoring Tools\Snort2022\Snort\rules\
var $RULE_PATH  D:\Network Monitoring Tools\Snort2022\Snort\rules\
#var SO_RULE_PATH ../so_rules  for linux
var PREPROC_RULE_PATH D:\Network Monitoring Tools\Snort2022\Snort\preproc_rules\"""

I hope your success,

Thanks you in advance for your answer,

Regards.

Dorian Rosse.