Snort mailing list archives

Re: Subscriber signatures fail to update

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-sigs" <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 20:51:34 +0000

Cans you give me the IP I should see at the server?

Sent from my  iPhone

On Oct 17, 2020, at 09:29, VJM via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org> wrote:

Hello,

I use Snort on pfSense 2.4.5 and noticed the Snort subscriber updates fail to install. Snort has been set to update
every 12 hours at 10 minutes past the hour. Is there a geo-block on the update server? My ISP is Tata-Sky based out
of Mumbai, India. The log entries show “Server returned error code 0”:

Starting rules update...  Time: 2020-10-16 12:10:04
                Downloading Snort Subscriber rules md5 file snortrules-snapshot-29161.tar.gz.md5...
                Snort Subscriber rules md5 download failed.
                Server returned error code 0.
                Server error message was:
                Snort Subscriber rules will not be updated.
                Downloading Snort OpenAppID detectors md5 file snort-openappid.tar.gz.md5...
                Snort OpenAppID detectors md5 download failed.
                Server returned error code 0.
                Server error message was:
                Snort OpenAppID detectors will not be updated.
                Downloading Snort AppID Open Text Rules md5 file appid_rules.tar.gz.md5...
                Snort AppID Open Text Rules md5 download failed.
                Server returned error code 0.
                Server error message was:
                Snort AppID Open Text Rules will not be updated.
                Downloading Emerging Threats Open rules md5 file emerging.rules.tar.gz.md5...
                Emerging Threats Open rules md5 download failed.
                Server returned error code 0.
                Server error message was:
                Emerging Threats Open rules will not be updated.
The Rules update has finished.  Time: 2020-10-16 12:14:05

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Viv

Visit the Snort.org to subscribe to the official Snort ruleset, make sure to stay up to date to catch the most <a
href=" https://snort.org/downloads/#rule-downloads";>emerging threats</a>!