Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort3: can't exit with -T option while in daemon mode

From: "Michael Altizer \(mialtize\) via Snort-devel" <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 14:02:39 +0000

Probably a bug.  -T should take priority over any attempts to be a real run.

On 10/18/19 9:16 AM, Meridoff via Snort-devel wrote:
snort  -T -c /tmp/services/idsm/config --lua "process.daemon=false"
"Fix" this.

пт, 18 окт. 2019 г. в 16:13, Meridoff <oagvozd () gmail com<mailto:oagvozd () gmail com>>:
Hello, I'am testing config by -T option. In my config process.daemon=true.
In this case after config tested successfully snort continues to run.

May be it is feature and not bug. But i thing it would be better that priority of "-T" will be above then priority of
other options - so process will exit on -T always.

Is it bug?