Snort mailing list archives

Output CSV Problem in latest Snort at Centos 7 and Ubuntu 18.04 64bit

From: Rendi 7936 via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 16:31:52 +0700

Good day, everyone.
Hello.

I need help to figure out what's wrong with my configuration in Snort.

1. I include *output alert_csv: /var/log/snort/snort.csv timestamp,msg* in
snort.conf.

2. I have been checked snort.conf using snort -T and passed.

3. and i use *alert tcp any any -> any any (msg:"Sample Metron Message from
Snort"; sid:999158; )* to test snort, and give output as a CSV.

alert.csv is created, but it is empty. I pretty sure followed tutorial in
https://www.snort.org/documents/snort-users-manual . But, alert.csv still
empty.

Thank you for your time.
Best regards,