Snort mailing list archives

suggestion: start a stackexchange site

From: Joost Ringoot <joost.ringoot () meteo be>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:30:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

I think it would be nice if there was a stackexchange site for snort, stackexchange has several advantages over a
mailinglist:

    * easy searchable.
    * very visual interaction, eg: top answers move to the top by the likes of the users.
    * no mail for every update by anyone.

I wanted to create one here
 https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/create?category=technology

But they ask to fill in a website where the organizers have the "backstage" of their community: developers, product
owners, company, etc...

I can't do that, I am just a newbie in snort.

Why I ask this?
* I have several questions, that I am sure I am not the first to have them and the answer is not in the manual. At
least not directly: you may find all the info in create an answer in the manual but the answer needs assemblage.
* Response appears low on the mailinglist because it is inconvenient: nobody wants all those mails.

Thank you for considering this,

Joost
        snort-users-leave () lists snort org