Snort mailing list archives

Re: [WARNING: UNSCANNABLE EXTRACTION FAILED] Snort not detect attack on mirroring port

From: "Al Lewis \(allewi\) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 14:52:14 +0000

Hello,

Are you able to capture the traffic (using tcpdump) in the scenario that doesn’t alert?

If so, as a quick test, are you able to replay that captured traffic directly into snort (using -r )? Do you get alerts
then?

Are you able to share the pcaps of the working vs non working sessions?

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Cisco Systems Inc.
Email: allewi () cisco com<mailto:allewi () cisco com>