Snort mailing list archives

Re: Troubles in paradise

From: Marcin Dulak via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 20:32:40 +0200

snort -l var/log/snort
vs
snort -l /var/log/snort/log

Marcin

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 5:31 PM, angel romero esquivel via Snort-users <
snort-users () lists snort org> wrote:

Hi there!.  Beforehand I want to say, thank you for any advice on this
maybe silly question.

I'm new in Snort and I just started and I already found an issue on it. I
can't make a log of my outcome. I have to say I'm not even sure if I
configured this directory propery , first reason is because I have no idea
where I should create it and the second one 'cause I'm new even on Linux.
Really sorry.

Anyway, I hope you can help me out and once again thank you. I attached
some screnshoots of the commands I issued.

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!

Please follow these rules: https://snort.org/faq/what-is-
the-mailing-list-etiquette