Snort mailing list archives

Re: Ubuntu 18 and so rules error

From: Y M via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 22:09:59 +0000

I see. PulledPork in my case did not like the same malware-other.so:

Generating Stub Rules....
Generating shared object stubs via:/usr/local/snort/bin/snort -c /usr/local/snort/etc/snort.conf
--dump-dynamic-rules=/tmp/tha_rules/so_rules/
An error occurred:   Loading dynamic detection library /usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/malware-other.so...
ERROR: Failed to load /usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/malware-other.so:
/usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/malware-other.so: undefined symbol: sin

An error occurred: Fatal Error, Quitting..