Snort mailing list archives

Re: can we setup acid with snort ++

From: Noah Dietrich <noah_dietrich () 86penny org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 17:35:14 +0200

I'm a huge fan of Splunk (or alternately the ELK stack, which is similar).
Both are cross-platform (i believe you can install the ELK stack on
windows, according to google) and have a lot of power. plus these systems
work well as SIEM's when you ingest other security log data in addition to
your Snort events to help get a bigger picture of your threats and
attackers.
I've successfully setup Snort3 with Splunk and the ELK stack using the new
JSON output, and it worked really well.

Noah

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 4:52 PM, Joel Esler (jesler) via Snort-users <