Snort mailing list archives

Question about "stream5: TCP 4-way handshake detected"

From: agustin larrarte via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 12:22:11 -0300

Hi,

I would like to ask for advice on this alert. We are receiving many alerts
from one unique ip address on our environment for this event. We have been
looking for documentation or aid online trying to figure out what this
alert event means but we can't find anything snort related. Is this related
to the 4 way TCP close connection handshake?  why is this alert being
triggered?

here is a screenshot of snorby showing the alert:

[image: Inline image 1]

thank you, as always