Snort mailing list archives

Re: dmz monitorin

From: Alberto Colosi via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 17:19:10 +0000

....................... I think u don't know what is snort and intercepting traffic and not only

it depends on what u need to do! usually even only in log mode if not in inline mode is set as a router with IP routing
and different NIC with different NETs (subnetting).

If not but NOT AS INLINE , only as log of what happen u can use a copy port on ur switch .............

all depends on architecture and needs. Ask a good ITC NetWork & security Architect about ur doubts and needs.

................ is obvious that in routing mode u need to configure nets and routing in ur box.